Cleaning Dycem mats is a quick and easy process that can be conveniently incorporated into your facility’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for wet cleaning.
Between deep cleaning Dycem products, the material may appear dirty. This is good news because the dirt is retained on the mat and kept out of your critical environment. This is necessary for contamination control.
After purchasing Dycem products, all customers are provided with step-by-step instructions on how to clean Dycem mats and how to maintain them to increase their lifespan. It is essential to follow these instructions to ensure the longevity and effectiveness of the Dycem product.
How to Clean Dycem Installed Fixed Mats
1. You should clean Dycem flooring at least once a day (or as advised by your specialist) to maximize performance. We advise using a Dycem-approved cleaner (diluted if not already pre-diluted) and mop system or a hard foam squeegee.
2. Spray or mop the Dycem mat with an approved cleaning solution, ensuring full coverage of the area.
3. Agitate the surface with the squeegee until you begin to see the contamination being lifted. This ensures a deep clean of your Dycem product.
4. Begin by cleaning your Dycem mat in a vertical direction, as shown.
5. Continue to agitate the surface in a horizontal direction, as shown.
6. Remove the excess liquid from the edge of the mat surface, and collect it with a microfiber mop, sponge or cloth. If the removed liquid is dirty, repeat the process or increase the cleaning frequency of your Dycem mat.
Dycem flooring is slippery when wet!
How to Clean Dycem Floating Mats
1. Before cleaning a floating Dycem mat, lift the mat and remove it to reveal the subfloor.
3. Clean the underside of the Dycem mat using an isopropyl alcohol wipe (70/30 IPA recommended).
4. Ensure both the subfloor and underside of the Dycem mat are completely dry before replacing. Return the mat to the subfloor, and spray an approved cleaning solution, ensuring full coverage of the area.
5. Agitate the surface of the Dycem mat with the squeegee in a vertical path as before until you begin to see the contamination being lifted. Repeat this step, continuing this method in a horizontal direction.
6. Remove the excess liquid from the edge of the surface, and collect it with a microfibre mop or sponge. If the removed liquid is dirty, repeat the Dycem cleaning method or increase the cleaning frequency.
Tips & Advice for Cleaning Dycem Products
Clean your Dycem product at least once a day using a Dycem-approved cleaner.
After cleaning, wash out the equipment so that it is ready for its next use.
To remove built-up spots of contamination on your Dycem product, clean with a 70/30 isopropyl alcohol wipe.
Where decontamination or sterilisation takes place using a phenolic or hydroxide, rinse off. Otherwise, a film will develop that can reduce the effectiveness of your Dycem product.
Do not use concentrated bleaching agents, scouring or abrasive powders, or cleaning machines with stiff brushes to clean your Dycem product. Buffing or polishing machines will damage the surface, shortening the active working life of your Dycem product.
Need a Deep Clean?...
Schedule a professional steam clean.
If your Dycem mat is heavily saturated with contamination, contact our customer service team to schedule a specialty steam clean carried out by one of our certified service technicians.