Sustainability with Dycem
In 1987, the United Nations Brundtland Commission defined sustainability as “meeting the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.” The topic has come to the forefront in recent years as businesses look to reduce environmental impact while improving operational efficiency. Companies are engaging in initiatives around energy efficiency, automation, and recyclable packaging materials, along with reduced waste and water consumption in factories. As a reusable solution, Dycem can play a vital role in helping companies achieve their sustainability goals.
Why Pursue Sustainability?
It’s no longer just trendy to be “green”. According to the EPA (US Environmental and Protection Agency), there are several reasons why companies are pursuing sustainability:
- Increase operational efficiency by reducing costs and waste.
- Respond to or reach new customers and increase competitive advantage.
- Protect and strengthen brand and reputation and build public trust.
- Build long-term business viability and success.
- Respond to regulatory constraints and opportunities.
Environmental Impact of Contamination Control Alternatives
Traditional contamination control solutions such as peel-off mats and shoe covers have numerous negative environmental consequences.
- Large amounts of daily disposable waste.
- Secondary waste that must be incinerated.
- CO2 emissions from the production and transport of frequent consumable orders.
Read this whitepaper to learn more about the effects single-use alternatives have on your carbon footprint.
How can Dycem Help?
Dycem mats are a reusable solution, cleaned daily, and made to last over 3+ years. Implementing Dycem as a process improvement helps companies meet their sustainability goals in several ways:
- No daily waste disposal.
- No secondary contaminated waste to incinerate.
- Controlled environments are kept “cleaner”, reducing the need for cleaning and less water usage.
- No recurring product to order resulting in less emissions from factories and transportation.
It's in the Numbers
Dycem mats can significantly reduce the amount of waste produced by a facility. A recent analysis at a semiconductor fab site revealed the astonishing amount of plastic that could be saved from landfills by making the switch to Dycem mats.
In one year, their peel-off tacky mats were forecasted to produce over 85,000 balls of 8″ waste per year. This is enough to fill almost 75 industrial dumpsters.
In 5 years, the site would save over 370 dumpster loads of plastic waste from the landfill by switching to Dycem mats.
Read the full whitepaper here to learn more about reducing waste with Dycem.
Sustainability & Dycem
Our planet matters, and we understand the responsibility we have, to help create a greener future. At Dycem, we are committed to driving positive change through our sustainable products and practices.
In addition to offering a product that helps other companies meet their sustainability goals, Dycem leads by example and has a personal sustainability commitment centered on the following: Sustainable offices, clean production practices, recyclable packaging, supply chain management, and a reduced carbon footprint.